100 effective company slogans for inspiration in 2020
Are you currently brainstorming ideas for your company slogan? Get inspired by these 100 company slogans and learn what makes or breaks their success.
January 07 · 8 min read
Coming up with a compelling company slogan demands that you pack a punch with only a few words.
Some slogans go down in history. Nike’s “Just Do It” is an iconic example. It’s simple, memorable, and powerful. Most importantly, it communicates a message that resonates deeply with Nike’s customer base.
We’ve compiled 100 slogan examples to kickstart your brainstorming process. But first, let’s break down what a company slogan is all about.
So what is a company slogan?
A company slogan is a short phrase that follows your brand name in advertisements, business cards, and other marketing materials. It can be a powerful marketing tool when done right.
A slogan’s purpose is to reinforce your brand’s identity. It should be concise while still communicating something meaningful and memorable.
What makes for a good slogan?
A good slogan can increase your revenue by over 30%! This short phrase holds a lot of power. With this in mind, we’re here to outline how to craft your slogan strategically.
The anatomy of a successful slogan boils down to a few key elements: memorability, simplicity, emotion, and differentiation. Let’s explore these in-depth.
- Memorability. First and foremost, a good slogan is memorable. It sticks with your audience by evoking humor, emotion, or catchiness.
- Simplicity. By keeping your slogan short and sweet, it will be easier to remember. A brief statement is more impactful than a long, wordy sentence.
- Emotion. Integrating positive emotion into your slogan will capture your audience’s attention. It should align with how you want your product or service to make your customers feel, whether that’s a sense of security, relief, luxury, or inspiration.
- Differentiation. A fundamental aspect of marketing is finding a way to stand out in the market. Differentiation is key. Use your slogan to communicate your competitive advantage.
When your slogan checks off these four boxes, you know you’ve done a good job.
100 company slogans to inspire you
The best way to create an award-winning slogan is to study the greats. That’s why we have compiled some of the best company slogans out there! We’ll also share a few examples of slogans that miss the mark.
Slogans that go down in history
Later on, we’ll focus on slogan ideas for the legal industry, construction industry, and wellness industry, but let’s start by highlighting some of the most successful company slogans out there.
You’re probably familiar with most of these, which is a testament to their success.
- Just Do It - Nike
- Think different - Apple
- A Diamond is Forever - De Beers
- When you care enough to send the very best - Hallmark
- I’d walk a mile for a Camel - Camel
- Quality never goes out of style - Levi’s
- Finger Lickin’ Good - KFC
- With a name like Smucker’s, it has to be good - Smucker’s
- Snap, Crackle and Pop! - Rice Krispies
- So easy, a caveman can do it - Geico
- 15 minutes can save you 15 percent or more on car insurance - Geico
- Belong anywhere - Airbnb
- The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection - Lexus
- The Ultimate Driving Machine - BMW
- The Quicker Picker Upper - Bounty
- The Happiest Place On Earth - Disneyland
- We Bring Good Things to Life - General Electric
- The King of Beers - Budweiser
- Fly the friendly skies - United Airlines
- Because You’re Worth It - L’oreal
- Think Small - Volkswagon
- We Are The Competition - Ferrari
- Confidence in Motion - Subaru
- Let’s Go Places- Toyota
- America Runs on Dunkin’ - Dunkin’ Donuts
- I’m Lovin’ It - McDonald’s
- Betcha can’t eat just one! - Lay’s
- When it rains, it pours- Morton Salt
- Taste the Rainbow - Skittles
- Trix are for kids - Trix Cereal
- The Breakfast of Champions - Wheaties
- Melts in your mouth, not in your hand - M&M’s
- Eat Fresh - Subway
- Red Bull gives you wings - Red Bull
- Got Milk? - California Milk Processor Board
- Have It Your Way - Burger King
- Can you hear me now? - Verizon
- The Few, The Proud, The Marines - United States Marine Corps
- What Happens Here, Stays Here - Las Vegas
- When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight - FedEx
- All the News That’s Fit to Print - The New York Times
- Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman - Secret
- The Citi Never Sleeps - Citibank
- Everywhere you want to be - Visa
- Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s Maybelline. - Maybelline
- Hello Boys - Wonderbra
- There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s MasterCard. -MasterCard
These companies have managed to make their slogans synonymous with their brand. As a result, they’ve become a part of our society’s collective awareness. Now let’s dive into some industry-specific slogan ideas.
Slogans for attorneys and legal firms
If you work in the legal industry, you know better than anyone that clients want results, honesty, and to work with experienced attorneys. Legal services are expensive, so reassure your potential customers that they’re in good hands when they choose your firm.
Emphasize notable aspects of your firm’s experience level. You can focus on industry specialization, years in business, or overarching values as a jumping-off point.
The following slogans do a fantastic job of differentiating their law firms and focusing on what makes them excellent:
- Lawyers you’ll swear by. Not at. - Harris Beach
- Experience Listens. Be Heard. - Holme Roberts & Owen
- Results Matter - Burr & Forman
- Helping Good People Do Good Things® - The Law Firm for Non-Profits
- Enduring Values - Barnes & Thornburg
- A Business Approach to Legal Service - Bernstein
- You’ve got ideas. We protect them. - Boyle Fredrickson
- IP Smart. Business Savvy. Client Connected. - Connolly Bove Lodge & Hutz
- The confidence to proceed. - Cozen O’Connor
- Great Lawyers. Great Law Firm.- Dickinson Wright
- Damn Fine Litigators. - Foster Townsend Graham
- Let Our Experience be Your Guide - Fox Rothschild
- Legal Knowledge. Human Wisdom. - Gardere
- Uncommon Wisdom. Common Sense. - Leonard Street & Deinard
- Client Focused. Results Driven. - Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith
- The Law Firm Built for Business - Morse Barnes-Brown Pendleton
- A Heritage of Results - Rose Law Firm
- Experience you need. Results you want. - Sheehy Ware & Pappas
Beyond creating a stellar slogan, check out other law firm marketing strategies.
Creative slogan ideas for construction companies
Construction is a competitive industry. A memorable slogan helps to set yourself apart in your area.
In the construction business, quality of work, timeliness, and consistency are highly valued by customers. Use your slogan to impart why your potential customers can safely rely on you to get the job done right.
Here are a few examples of well-written construction slogans:
- Masters of consistency and quality.
- Building the future. Restoring the past.
- Come home to quality.
- We’ll be a sensation for your next renovation.
- We’re the construction kings.
- Listen better. Plan better. Build better.
- Our reputation is as solid as concrete.
- No job too big. No job too small.
- Committed to superior quality and results.
- Construction you can count on.
Inspiring slogans tailored to the wellness industry
Wellness services aim to improve people’s quality of life by bettering their physical and mental health. As a result, the health and wellness industry is very personal.
Companies in the wellness industry want to use compassionate and uplifting language in their slogan. Keep the tone positive and avoid anything that might offend.
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Engage. Inspire. Thrive.
- Better health through better living.
- Embrace your health.
- Empowering individuals with personal health.
- Keeping your family healthy & happy.
- Start on your path to better health.
- We help you be at your best.
- Discover wellness.
- Where we believe you are a priority.
- Your place to discover wellness.
- Coordinated. Connected. Committed.
- Evidence-based wellness care.
Don’t make your slogan too short
While being concise is important, you don’t want to sacrifice meaning and memorability for the sake of brevity.
Here are some examples of short slogans that fail because they’re too short. They are too general to communicate anything of substance, so they lack memorability, emotion, and meaningful differentiation:
- Straightforward - Ally Bank
- Advance - Acura
- Take charge - American Express
- Rethink possible - AT&T
- We can - CA Technologies
- We understand - FedEx
- Turn here - Fidelity investments
- Get there - Goodyear
As you can tell, these slogans don’t impart emotion, catchiness, or differentiation. They’re vague and forgettable. Don’t squander the potential value of your slogan by making this mistake.
Keep it positive
Being bland isn’t the only offense you want to avoid. Make sure your slogan promotes a positive image of your brand.
Here are some examples of slogans that unintentionally communicated negative, confusing, or off-putting messages:
- Always in Beta – New Balance
- Be Stupid – Diesel
- Nothing sucks like an Electrolux – Electrolux
- It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken – Perdue Farms
To avoid joining this list, test out your ideas on a varied audience. You might think your slogan is smart and funny, but to others, it could have the opposite effect.
What if you want to outsource your slogan development?
If you’re a busy business owner, you might not have time to create the perfect slogan. Maybe writing isn’t your forte — that’s okay. In that case, there are several slogan development services at your disposal.
Use a free online slogan generator. If you don’t want to shell out money for your slogan development, use a free online generator. It’s one of the most straightforward free marketing tools out there. All you need to do is input a few keywords. The generator will produce some company slogans that you can revise as desired. The results may not be perfect, but they’ll give you a great jumping-off point, free of cost.
Try out some of these free slogan generators:
- Shopify free slogan maker
- Oberlo free slogan generator
Hire a freelance writer. Freelance writers can write a catchy slogan for you at a reasonable cost. When you choose someone who has ample writing experience and a way with words, you’re more likely to receive a quality slogan.
Use your marketing company. If you’re currently using a marketing company or plan to in the future, their team will be well-equipped to craft a slogan for your brand. Slogans are marketing tools. The marketing experts will know how to get the job done right.
Get started on your slogan today
You now understand the components of an effective slogan, as well as potential mistakes. It’s time to get started creating a powerful slogan of your own.
If you need help generating your slogan or if you’re seeking other marketing services, such as SEO or web design, reach out to the team at B12. We know how to create a professional website presence that takes your business to the next level.