The right Facebook group cover photo size for your page
Setting up a Facebook group? Learn the requirements for the right Facebook group photo size.
- hey guys so we're going to quickly show you how to change the group photo cover for your Facebook group so let's quickly answer why well your Facebook group at the moment shows a collage of all of the people that are group members so if you have a specific group you may want to change this so this way it's a little more descriptive it's a little more visual so how do you do this well you go to your Facebook group and hover over this section and we're going to select upload a photo and what's going to happen now is it's going to bring up a box to where we can select an image one thing to note your image needs to be 800 by 200 to fit this space once you've done this you'll have a few controls to reposition your photo and then you want to click Save so now that we have a new Facebook group cover photo how do we revert back to the collage of group members to do this hover over your photo it's going to say change group photo we're going to click on this and go down to remove
- I pull here from PR Wilson media your social media personal trainer so you've created a brand new group one of the first things you need to do is add some photos and particularly the cover photo area here and make it a little bit more personalized to the people who are part of that group here's our stuff so this is a group I've created social media gym and you can see here it's asking me to choose a photo if I've already got someone there but upload a photo start from the beginning so I select this one and as you can see you can drag to reposition Save Changes now I would recommend taking a look at something like canva.com we've got a video about that which helps you to size pictures correctly so they fit the pixel area that's on the page they have templates ready-made to do that so that's the picture there now I'll show you how you can edit some of the other settings so under edit group settings here you've got the group name you can select a different icon to represent the group whatever you think it's about there's a symbol
- gotta love it when Facebook makes a change right the good thing is is we can usually roll with the punches we can we can pivot we can make stuff work right so look at what happened to groups you can see here is one of my Facebook groups here's another one of my Facebook groups the covers are not right they're not the way they're supposed to be they're not the way we designed them to look the words are literally falling off the screen so we they change this yesterday and we've tweaked we've tested we've found that the new size of image that Facebook wants for their images is it is 1500 by 783 so this is the new cover that we've just designed for the Facebook group so you guys get to watch a long as we're gonna upload this into our Facebook groups update the photo and then we're gonna go back and change all of the photos that we've got for all of our groups so that the covers are updated and they look right again okay so we're just gonna go in here and again the dimensions now are 1505 783 so here
- Want your Facebook Profile Cover Photo size to look good on both desktop and mobile? I’ve written about (and am constantly updating) the sizes for: THIS post is only about the Facebook Personal Profile Cover Photo size
- Designing profile and cover photos for social media platforms can become quite challenging when it comes to guessing what your design will look like on mobile devices
- The social media profile mockup files from Feingold Design Agency can be used to preview a profile for desktop, tablet and phone during its creation in Photoshop
- Up-to-date profile and cover photo sizes are already prepared inside the Photoshop documents Smart Objects, so you don’t have to worry about resolution and color profiles
- In this case the Smart Object layers enclose our profile and cover photo
- Working on a new social media profile design will immediately feel quicker, as you will have the extra benefit of neat, ready-made previews for desktop, tablet and phone right inside Photoshop
- When you are done developing your new design, all that is left to do is to save the Smart Object files for web and upload your results to Facebook.
- Want your Facebook Cover Photo to look good on both desktop AND mobile? source I love my big beautiful desktop monitor, but even I use Facebook on mobile sometimes 😉 Now your Cover Photo can have it both ways! Here’s a Facebook Cover Photo mobile template — that also works great on desktop
- What we need to do is design a cover photo that works for both sizes / shapes
- Your mobile Cover Photo will no longer have the sides rudely chopped off with this template
- For current image sizes for Facebook and 7 other social platforms, click here: Updated Social Media Sizes Cheat Sheet When you upload your Cover Photo on desktop, you can adjust the top cropping so it’s positioned top-to-bottom exactly as you like it
- Fortunately, the Facebook Page cover photo size has remained stable for a year and a half now (since Spring 2017)
- Unless you want it to look good on mobile 😉 Don’t forget to visit these other articles for more cover photo templates: For all Facebook dimensions, including ads: Want all the top image sizes? Now your Facebook Cover Photo mobile version can rock just like on desktop!
- We made it very simple to create a Facebook cover image with Crello
- Now, let’s dive into the secret of eye-catching Facebook cover images, the most essential information to get you started and exceptional examples for a little inspiration
- If you don’t want your page to be taken down over a cover photo, follow the guidelines: The proper Facebook cover size is 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall
- If the cover photo you want to use doesn’t fit the requirements, don’t worry! Keep this difference in mind when choosing and designing your cover and don’t place important text or objects on the sides of the photo
- With a Facebook photo cover, this is the ultimate opportunity to engage your audience even before they read the page title, see buttons or post text
- Let’s look at brands that made eye-catching and brand consistent Facebook covers: Shazam used artists’ images with a popular Duotone filter: Vice’s quirky, styled photo collages with their logo in the middle: Healthy delivery service, Freshly, shows its product and focuses on a text message: Vans rebels against clean, uniform covers: Since your Facebook cover image is like a shop window, it should show what it is you’re selling.
- What the heck is social media image aspect ratio? You will no longer have to stress over every pixel in your social media image sizes! Problems that may arise aren’t about the pixel size, but the aspect ratio (or shape, or proportions)
- On each of these Facebook cover photos, the aspect ratio differs for desktop or mobile view
- The easiest way to deal with the Facebook cover photo size dilemma is to start with a 16:9 aspect ratio horizontal image and be prepared for plenty of cropping at the top and bottom once uploaded to Facebook
- From most horizontal to most vertical, here are the aspect ratios and suggested sizes that work across social media
- Multiply your width times 1, 1.5, or up to 2.1 to get a Pinterest-optimal image shape
- Facebook ratio recommendations For video ads on Facebook without links, full portrait (9:16) is best
- When using this format, ensure the most important parts of your video also display within the vertical (2:3) aspect ratio for optimal rendering in News Feed
- Facebook and Instagram ratio recommendations To optimize the placement of your vertical video campaigns across both Facebook and Instagram, use vertical (4:5) videos
- Please Pin, share, or tweet this post about social media image aspect ratio.
Join thousands of professionals using B12 to power their business online
I can make [website edits] myself, and it’s as simple as working in a Word document. If I need more help, I’ll email the B12 team and within 24 hours, boom, it’s done.
Partner / COO, Action Logistix
I love that B12 prompts me to update certain [website] features and add integrations like online scheduling to increase efficiency in my law firm. These recommendations are often things that I would have never considered but have proved to be incredibly useful.
Founder, Atlas Law
With B12, the quality is 10/10. I feel like I got the finished product of building a site from scratch, but it was way easier.
Founder and Managing Partner, The Bell Group
The best website builder for professional services
Take the stress out of website building, and in just a few clicks, build a website with all the features you need to better attract, win, and serve your clients online.