Launch an online presence that makes it simple to attract, win, and serve clients
B12 uses AI and experts to quickly set up your website, scheduling, payments, email marketing, and more.Get started for free
100+ effective company slogans for inspiration in 2024
Coming up with a compelling company slogan demands that you pack a punch with just a couple words.
Some slogans go down in history. Nike’s “Just Do It” is an iconic example. It’s simple, memorable, and powerful. Most importantly, it communicates a message that resonates deeply with Nike’s target audience.
We’ve compiled 100+ business slogan examples to kickstart your brainstorming process. But first, let’s break down what a company slogan is and why it’s important.
What is a company slogan?
A company slogan is a short phrase that follows your brand name in advertisements, business cards, and other marketing campaigns. It’s a powerful marketing tool when done right.
A slogan’s purpose is to reinforce your brand’s identity. It should be concise while still communicating something meaningful and memorable to a brand's target audience.
What makes for a good brand slogan?
A good slogan holds a lot of power — it can actually increase your revenue by over 30%! Half of people say a company’s slogan is the most important brand element, with 47% admitting that they consider the slogan when making a purchase decision. With this in mind, we’re here to outline how to craft your own slogan strategically.
The anatomy of a successful slogan boils down to a few key elements: memorability, simplicity, emotion, and differentiation. Let’s explore these in-depth.
- Memorability. First and foremost, the best slogans are memorable. It sticks with your audience by evoking humor, emotion, or catchiness.
- Simplicity. By keeping your slogan short and sweet, it will be easier to remember. A brief statement is more impactful than a long, wordy sentence.
- Emotion. Integrating positive emotion into your new slogan will capture your audience’s attention. It should align with how you want your product or service to make your customers feel, whether that’s a sense of security, relief, luxury, or inspiration.
- Differentiation. A fundamental aspect of marketing is finding a way to stand out in the market. To make your slogan quickly recognizable, differentiation is key. Use your slogan to communicate your competitive advantage.
When your slogan checks off these four boxes, you know you’ve done a good job.
100 company slogans to inspire you
The best way to create an award-winning slogan is to study the greats. That’s why we have compiled some of the best company slogans of all time! We’ll also share a few examples of slogans that miss the mark so you can avoid the same mistakes.
Slogans that go down in history
Later, we’ll focus on slogan ideas for the legal, construction, and wellness industries, but let’s start by highlighting some of the most successful company slogans out there.
Many of these slogans and taglines will be instantly recognizable to you, which is a testament to their success. Many slogans below are a great example of using your slogan or tagline to communicate what makes you unique and beloved by customers. For example, the iconic Lay's tagline, "betcha can't eat just one," is short, catchy, and perfectly captures the addictive nature of the snack — it's difficult to limit yourself to only one potato chip!
- Just Do It - Nike
- Think different - Apple
- A Diamond is Forever - De Beers
- When you care enough to send the very best - Hallmark
- The Best a Man Can Get - Gillette
- Quality never goes out of style - Levi’s
- Finger Lickin’ Good - KFC
- Shave Time. Shave Money. - Dollar Shave Club
- With a name like Smucker’s, it has to be good - Smucker’s
- Snap! Crackle! Pop! - Rice Krispies
- Open Happiness - Coca Cola
- So easy, a caveman can do it - Geico
- 15 minutes can save you 15% or more on car insurance - Geico
- Belong anywhere - Airbnb
- The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection - Lexus
- The Ultimate Driving Machine - BMW
- The Quicker Picker Upper - Bounty
- The Happiest Place On Earth - Disneyland
- We Bring Good Things to Life - General Electric
- The King of Beers - Budweiser
- Freaky Fast - Jimmy John's
- Fly the friendly skies - United Airlines
- Because You’re Worth It - L'Oréal
- Think Small - Volkswagen Beetle
- We Are The Competition - Ferrari
- THINK - IBM
- Save Money. Live Better. - Walmart
- It Keeps Going, and Going, and Going - Energizer
- When You're Here, You're Family - Olive Garden
- Let’s Go Places - Toyota
- America Runs on Dunkin’ - Dunkin’
- I’m Lovin’ It - McDonald’s
- Betcha can’t eat just one! - Lay’s
- Built to Last - Ford
- Taste the Rainbow - Skittles
- Trix are for kids - Trix Cereal
- The Breakfast of Champions - Wheaties
- Melts in your mouth, not in your hand - M&M’s
- Eat Fresh - Subway
- M'm! M'm! Good! - Campbell’s Soup
- Red Bull gives you wings - Red Bull
- Got Milk? - California Milk Processor Board
- Have It Your Way - Burger King
- Can you hear me now? - Verizon
- The Few, The Proud, The Marines - United States Marine Corps
- What Happens Here, Stays Here - Las Vegas
- When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight - FedEx
- All the News That’s Fit to Print - The New York Times
- Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman - Secret
- The Citi Never Sleeps - Citibank
- Nothing runs like a Deere - John Deere
- Everywhere you want to be - Visa
- Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it ’s Maybelline. - Maybelline
- Hello Boys - Wonderbra
- We have a place for everyone - Vrbo
- The Best or Nothing - Mercedes-Benz
- Make every second count - TikTok
- There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s MasterCard. - MasterCard
These companies have managed to make their slogans synonymous with their brand. As a result, they’ve become a part of our society’s collective awareness. Some are a quirky celebration of the company's history, some produce an emotional response, and some hint at the company's mission. Now let’s dive into some industry-specific slogan ideas to help you choose yours.
Slogans for attorneys and legal firms
If you work in the legal industry, you know better than anyone that clients want results, honesty, and to work with experienced attorneys. Legal services are expensive, so reassure your potential customers that they’re in good hands when they choose your firm.
Emphasize notable aspects of your firm’s experience level. You can focus on industry specialization, years in business, or overarching values as a jumping-off point.
The following catchy slogans do a fantastic job of differentiating their law firms and focusing on what makes them excellent.
Best law firm slogans
- Lawyers you’ll swear by. Not at. - Harris Beach
- Experience Listens. Be Heard. - Holme Roberts & Owen
- Results Matter - Burr & Forman
- Helping Good People Do Good Things - The Law Firm for Non-Profits
- Enduring Values - Barnes & Thornburg
- A Business Approach to Legal Service - Bernstein
- You’ve got ideas. We protect them. - Boyle Fredrickson
- IP Smart. Business Savvy. Client Connected. - Connolly Bove Lodge & Hutz
- The confidence to proceed. - Cozen O’Connor
- Great Lawyers. Great Law Firm.- Dickinson Wright
- Damn Fine Litigators. - Foster Townsend Graham
- Let Our Experience be Your Guide - Fox Rothschild
- Legal Knowledge. Human Wisdom. - Gardere
- Uncommon Wisdom. Common Sense. - Leonard Street & Deinard
- Client Focused. Results Driven. - Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith
- The Law Firm Built for Business - Morse Barnes-Brown Pendleton
- A Heritage of Results - Rose Law Firm
- Experience you need. Results you want. - Sheehy Ware & Pappas
Beyond creating a stellar slogan, check out other law firm marketing strategies.
Creative slogan ideas for construction companies
Construction is a competitive industry. A memorable slogan helps to set yourself apart in your area.
In the construction business, quality of work, timeliness, and consistency are highly valued by customers. Use your brand slogan to impart why your potential customers can safely rely on you to get the job done right.
Examples of well-written construction slogans
- Masters of consistency and quality.
- Building the future. Restoring the past.
- Come home to quality.
- We’ll be a sensation for your next renovation.
- We’re the construction kings.
- Listen better. Plan better. Build better.
- Our reputation is as solid as concrete.
- No job too big. No job too small.
- Committed to superior quality and results.
- Construction you can count on.
Inspiring slogans tailored to the wellness industry
Wellness services aim to improve people’s quality of life by bettering their physical and mental health. As a result, the health and wellness industry is very personal.
Companies in the wellness industry want to use compassionate and uplifting language in their slogan. Keep the tone positive and avoid anything that might offend.
Wellness industry slogan ideas
- Engage. Inspire. Thrive.
- Better health through better living.
- Embrace your health.
- Empowering individuals with personal health.
- Keeping your family healthy & happy.
- Start on your path to better health.
- We help you be at your best.
- Discover wellness.
- Where we believe you are a priority.
- Your place to discover wellness.
- Coordinated. Connected. Committed.
- Evidence-based wellness care.
Using an effective slogan to make accounting exciting
Accounting has a reputation for being a “boring” job, with accountants often being used as the butt of a joke. While it’s funny to joke about accounting and the number-crunching nature of the job, the truth is that it’s an incredibly important and powerful job in the business world. It can make or break a company’s success in several ways, making it a flexible critical role.
While trying to market accounting, whether through a slogan or other tactic, you'll find that creating an exciting accounting campaign is a challenge. It’s difficult to make something as ordinary as accounting into an idea that clients can get fired up about, but that should be the goal of your accounting firm’s marketing team when coming up with an accounting slogan. You want to come across as professional, insightful, and experienced, but more than that, you want to generate ideas of growth, progress, security, and value. Incorporating these ideas into your marketing will take your slogan from a nice, clean tagline to a compelling, driving statement.
Accounting slogans that generate excitement and professionalism
- We’re in the business… of helping yours. - Honkamp Krueger
- An instinct for growth. - Grant Thornton
- Big firm capability. Small firm mentality. - The Bonadio Group
- Accessible. Approachable. Accountable. - Macpage
- Big enough. Small enough. - Tanner
- Smart decisions today. Lasting value tomorrow. - Crowe Horwath
- Strength in numbers. - Clark Schaefer Hackett
- It all adds up. - Marks Paneth & Shron
- Turning vision into value. - Margolin, Winer & Evens
- Your success is our business. - Mize, Houser & Co.
- Behind exciting long-term growth is a boring CPA. - MGO Accounting
Sell your architecture’s value with a great slogan
One of the primary challenges architects face in landing new clients is convincing prospects that your value justifies your price. Architecture is expensive, time-consuming, and in many ways, unpredictable. For these reasons, it can be difficult to sell your craft to clients who likely have little understanding of what goes into an architecture project. This often results in architects feeling stuck between making flimsy promises or struggling to land clients.
The way to overcome this challenge in your architecture marketing is to rethink what your marketing is trying to sell. Most marketing is aimed at pushing a client past the point of conversion, when a prospect becomes a lead (e.g., convincing someone to buy an iPhone or to close a deal on a house). This style of marketing is less effective in architecture because the point of conversion is both an immense commitment and yet a minuscule moment in the architecture process.
For a prospect, this creates conflict. They want to start a project as quickly as possible but don’t want to rush into a commitment with an architect for fear of making the wrong decision. So, as an architect, how can you convince a prospect to trust your capabilities and vision in as little time as possible without making them feel like they’re rushing into it? You do this by selling them on their vision, your ability to understand that vision, and your capability to realize that vision.
For this reason, slogans like “The best architects in town,” or “When you need the job done right,” simply aren’t compelling enough to win over a prospect. Unlike traditional “pull-the-trigger” marketing, you want an approach that establishes trust, authority, and respect for the prospect’s vision while showing that your firm has the artistic talent and inspiration to handle that vision with care and practicality.
Architecture firm slogan ideas
- Better designs, brick by brick.
- A design isn’t finished until someone is using it.
- Where science meets art.
- Practice safe design.
- Building on a long tradition.
- Designs that change the world.
- You imagine impossible. We build impossible.
Creating relevant slogans for the real estate industry
Real estate is one of those critical industries that’s both immensely personal and completely overwhelming. Purchasing a home is a labor of love, requiring the largest financial commitment most people will ever make while also providing them with the most personal thing they will ever own. For these reasons, those in the real estate industry must come across as professional and human as possible, which can sometimes be a difficult balance to strike.
When thinking of how to create a slogan for the real estate industry, consider the emotions that go into purchasing a home, moving from one place to another, and deciding where your future will be. There are, of course, emotions of anxiety, stress and fear, but also of comfort, coziness, hope, and excitement. In just a few words, you want to convey that you have the experience and professionalism to lift the anxiety out of finding and purchasing a house while having enough of a personal touch to know how to pair someone with their new home. You can achieve these things through warmth, humor, and empathy, all of which play well to new homebuyers.
Additionally, you will want to consider the other facets of the real estate industry as well. Some going into real estate are looking to purchase property as an investment rather than as a home, which will require a slightly different approach to creating a slogan. So, with that in mind, remember who your target audience is in real estate (homebuyers, renters, landlords, investors, etc.) and create a slogan directed specifically to them.
Favorite real estate slogans
- Live where you love. - Colin Whitenack
- No BS. No fridge magnets. No broken promises. - Melanie Piche
- Results that will move you. - Brenda Barajas
- Downtown, In Town, Around Town. - Mike Nichols
- We do the hustle so you don’t have the hassle. - Heidi Harris
- Real Dreams, Real People, Real Estate - Chris and Stephanie Somers
- Where dreams come home. - Coldwell Banker
- Find Your Nook. - Nooklyn
- Find your place - Compass
- Move to What Moves You. - Halstead Property
- Sell it like Serhant. - Ryan Serhant
- Live who you are - The Corcoran Group
- A smart move. - Exit Realty
Memorable slogan ideas for the insurance industry
Trust and transparency are key to any business in any industry. From the consumer’s perspective, the insurance industry is littered with confusing concepts and terms that are only used in this one area of their life, payment schemes can be difficult to comprehend, and the limits and features of an insurance service aren’t always immediately clear. Thus, many consumers get a bad taste in their mouth when they think of insurance companies, and many consumers simply skip insurance altogether.
As an insurance agency, one of your biggest hurdles in marketing involves overcoming the negative associations consumers have with insurance. This is why so many of the major insurance companies take a friendly, warm, down-to-earth approach in their marketing, focusing on themes like trust, protection, neighbors, family, and affordability. Conveying these sorts of themes in your insurance slogan, as opposed to premiums or deductibles, will give consumers an idea of your company values and how those values apply to them.
It’s still possible to touch on more technical concepts in your insurance marketing, so long as these technicalities are expressed simply. Use language that is immediately understandable to those outside of the insurance industry. This will set you apart as being transparent and straightforward, which goes hand in hand with instilling trust in prospective customers.
Insurance slogans that communicate credibility and warmth
- You’re in good hands. - Allstate
- Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there. - State Farm
- Guarantees for the “if” in “life”. - MetLife
- We’ve got you under our wing. - Aflac
- The home of home insurance. - Union Direct
- We have a mutual interest - you. - Mutual of Wausau Insurance Corporation
- For all the nevers in life, State Farm is there. - State Farm
- Insurance solutions from A to Z. - Allianz
- Name your own price. - Progressive
- Nationwide is on your side. - Nationwide
Catchy slogans to help financial advisors sell the benefit of their service
The banking industry is ubiquitous; nearly everyone uses/needs a bank daily, making it an extremely profitable and competitive industry. To compete in this sector, banks must understand how their service and specialties impact their marketing and how their role in consumers’ lives affects marketing. Put more simply, a primary focus of marketing in banking should be on the benefits your bank offers rather than your bank’s expertise or experience.
You may be thinking to yourself that expertise and experience are benefits, and while they sort of are, they’re not very compelling or unique. Almost every bank is made up of experienced experts, so focusing on this side of your service is unlikely to draw any attention. Instead, you’ll want to focus on the rewards your customers will reap by using your service. In banking terms, that means selling your bank as if it were an investment. Focusing on things like financial security, growing wealth, improving your future, becoming more educated on finance, and financial empowerment will all help you create a slogan that consumers latch onto.
Financial slogans that express value
- Own your tomorrow. - Charles Schwab
- Trust. The feeling is mutual. - BankMutual
- Money. Wise. - Continental Savings Bank
- Fluent in finance. - Barclays
- Large enough to serve you, small enough to know you. - Hampton Roads Educators Credit Union
- Making money make sense. - BMO
- Fund your future. - Legacy Bank
- More bank for your buck. - BOS Bank
- Priceless. - Mastercard
- Friends you can bank on. - Service 1st Credit Union
- Balanced money, balanced life.
What’s the best business slogan of all time?
In 1988, Dan Wieden had an odd idea. He had been tasked with creating a slogan that would represent his company’s brand, hopefully being catchy enough to bring in additional sales. In trying to come up with a simple phrase to encapsulate his company’s identity, he found inspiration from an unlikely source. 11 years prior, a convicted murderer had been executed by firing squad, his last words being, “Let’s do it.” Drawn to the simple phrasing, Wieden modified the three words slightly and brought it to the rest of the marketing team at Nike.
“Just do it.”
The simple, innocuous catchphrase became one of history's most recognizable and compelling company slogans.
Though it’s tempting to rewrite history and mythicize the creation of the slogan, the truth is that no one at Nike realized how impactful or enduring the three words would really become. Over time, Nike’s entire image became a reflection of this mantra, catapulting them above their competitors and leading to the company becoming one of the most successful companies ever founded.
There are several reasons why this slogan is so resonant even today.
First, the slogan is all-inclusive. It speaks to everyone who hears it and is applicable to any goals or aspirations a person could have. In the context of Nike’s products, it refers to athletics, which is on its own a compelling narrative. It unites the professional, the amateur, and the beginner by focusing on the simple act of doing rather than by focusing on success or status. This idea is not only powerful in sports, but in every area of life, expanding the meaning and significance of the slogan.
This gives the slogan its second power, and that’s that it represents something more important than the shoes Nike sells: Inspiration, motivation, drive, persistence, work, and action. For these reasons, anyone purchasing a pair of Nike sneakers isn’t just buying a new pair of shoes, but buying into that idea of hard work and taking action.
In 2012, Casey Neistat’s groundbreaking Make It Count advertisement built on this idea, showcasing an inspiring and seemingly impossible feat of traveling the world in 10 days. In 2018, on the 30th anniversary of the Just Do It campaign, Nike partnered with Colin Kaepernick to show that the slogan isn’t just about working hard, but also about having the courage to stand for something bigger than oneself.
In looking at the history of the campaign, it becomes clear that while “Just do it,” is an excellent idea for a slogan, it’s the way that the company adopted it, built on it, and gave it meaning that turned it into the icon it’s become. It’s an excellent lesson in turning a good idea into a groundbreaking one.
Don’t make your new slogan too short
While being concise is important, you don’t want to sacrifice meaning and memorability for the sake of brevity.
Here are some examples of short slogans that fail because they’re too short. They are too general to communicate anything of substance, so they lack memorability, emotion, and meaningful differentiation:
- Straightforward - Ally Bank
- Advance - Acura
- Take charge - American Express
- Rethink possible - AT&T
- We can - CA Technologies
- We understand - FedEx
- Turn here - Fidelity investments
- Get there - Goodyear
As you can tell, these slogans don’t impart emotion, catchiness, or differentiation. They’re vague and forgettable. Don’t squander the potential value of your slogan by making this mistake.
Keep your business slogan positive
Being bland isn’t the only offense you want to avoid. Make sure your slogan promotes a positive image of your brand's story. Talk about how you help your target customers save money or lead a healthier life.
Here are some examples of slogans that unintentionally communicated negative, confusing, or off-putting messages:
- Always in Beta – New Balance
- Be Stupid – Diesel
- Nothing sucks like an Electrolux – Electrolux
- It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken – Perdue Farms
To avoid joining this list, test out your ideas on a varied audience. You might think your slogan is smart and funny, but to others, it could have the opposite effect.
What if you want to outsource your slogan development?
If you’re a busy business owner, you might not have time to create the perfect slogan. Maybe writing isn’t your forte — that’s okay. In that case, there are several slogan development services at your disposal.
If you don’t want to shell out money for your slogan development or spend weeks brainstorming, use a free online slogan generator. It’s one of the most straightforward free marketing tools out there. All you need to do is input a few keywords, and then the generator will produce slogan options that you can revise as desired. The results may not be perfect, but they’ll give you a great jumping-off point, free of cost.
Try out some of these free slogan generators:
- B12 free slogan generator
- Shopify free slogan maker
- Zyro AI slogan generator
- Copy.AI free slogan generator
- Oberlo free slogan generator
Hire a freelance writer. Freelance writers can write a catchy slogan for you at a reasonable cost. When you choose someone with ample writing experience and a way with words, you’re more likely to receive a quality slogan.
Use your marketing company or ad agency. If you’re currently using a marketing company or plan to in the future, their team will be well-equipped to craft a slogan for your brand. Slogans are marketing tools. The marketing experts will know how to get the job done right.
Start improving your brand identity today
A memorable slogan can increase brand recognition by up to 80%! Now that you understand the importance and components of an effective slogan, as well as potential mistakes, it’s time to get started creating your own powerful slogan. Who knows, your brand could come up with the next "America runs on Dunkin'"!
If you need help growing your business and reaching your target audience online, try B12 for free. B12 is an all-in-one AI website builder backed by an expert team of designers and copywriters. The platform includes built-in client-friendly tools like invoicing, scheduling, email marketing, digital contracts, and more. Try B12 for free by seeing a 60-second draft of your new website. Launch it in as little as an hour and be on your way to taking your business to the next level.
Learn how to make your business stand out
Receive branding and business resources directly to your inbox to help you thrive online.
Spend less time on your website and more time growing your business
Let B12 set up your professional online presence with everything you need to attract, win, and serve clients.